Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Been There, Done That

On Sunday, I volunteered to shoot senior citizens at my grandmother's retirement home. In the end, I did 31 portraits. Exhausting, but such a great time, and it's hard to describe the reaction of these amazing folks...before they'd even seen the results.

I think many were happy to be getting the attention, and others felt appreciative that they'd have images to pass along to their kids and grand kids, perhaps the only portraits they'd had taken in many years (and for some, ever).

The idea was to do simple, flattering portraits, but that doesn't mean I don't get to play a little! (This is probably not a version I'd give to the senior herself, but I still think it's interesting.) What a gem! She was a feisty one, to say the least.



What stories these people have to tell. And they're so happy just to have someone to tell the stories to...

No comments: