Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sometimes, You Get to Meet Your Heroes

A week or two ago, I got to meet a couple of my heroes. I went to the Monte Carlo and saw one of my all-time favorite bands, Wang Chung.

I wouldn't say the show was Earth-shattering, but they played some '80s classics, and it was a good time. I was truly delighted, though, that the guys in the band, Jack Hues (below) and Nick Feldman, stayed afterward and mingled.



It was great being able to just hang out with these guys, and to have the opportunity to let them know how much joy their music has given me all these years. I can't say I'm a real music guy. But their records (along with those of Duran Duran) are a part of me, kind of the soundtrack of my life, as they say.

Thanks, Vegas, for making it happen. Because everybody plays Vegas, eventually.

No comments: