Monday, March 3, 2008

Gram

I recently came across the Web site of one of the most extraordinary photographers I've ever encountered. Her name is Julie Harris, and I think her work is just astonishing. I spent three days going through her online portfolio, and her blog, and every photo was more inspirational than the next.

Today, I'm posting a photo of my own which was inspired by Ms. Harris' work. (News flash: Not every photo needs to have people sitting, looking into the camera and smiling.) I'm so far from being able to capture the amazing images she gets every time she looks through that viewfinder, but I can aspire.

2 comments:

Chris Robinson said...

I really prefer this type of "photo journalism" shooting over posing people. The shots tend to look as if the subjects did not know a photographer was near. I also tend to be really bad at posing people but pretty good at catching people being themselves. So, my bias may be partially based on my own limitations.

-K- said...

Very nicely done.