Sunday, April 13, 2008

A New World Record

I was proud to be the official photographer (translation: "We can't afford to actually PAY a photographer, so YOU do it!") of an event that took place yesterday to benefit Kids to Kids, an amazing children's literacy organization I've volunteered with for two years now.

The event was a literacy festival, and included bed races, family fun and a new world record! I just love shooting kids, and here are a few of my pics from the event.











Some time ago, I came up with the idea of creating a literacy-themed world record to perhaps get some media attention we might not ordinarily get, so I contacted the Guinness World Record folks, and they spelled out specifics of the record which was set yesterday!

My dear friend Kit graciously volunteered to organize the record-setting event, and it went off without a hitch. We set the inaugural record with 139 people balancing books on their heads and walking 16 feet or so.







Whoo-hoo!