Sunday, July 6, 2008

Oh, Now You've Done It

Well, now you've done it. My friend Chris, in his comments to a previous post (the giant bug, below), asked, "What is this lens attachment thingy you got?"

Probably best to never ask me about my photography equipment!

Here's a shot of the extension tubes that, in conjunction with another macro lens (in this case a Canon 50mm macro lens), gets you up close and more personal than previously imagined.



They're found here on Amazon.

These are Kenko extension tubes, and can be used separately or together. Essentially, they're just moving the lens farther away from the "film plane" (or digital sensors).

Anyway, thanks for asking! In honor of having been asked, here are a couple of "WTF is That?" items. No prize this time. (Congrats to Jon to being the first to identify the last batch first.) Just bragging rights! Too easy last time, I think.





Remember, be specific!



Have fun!

2 comments:

Chris Robinson said...

Pretty inexpensive! I will have to keep my eye out for a used one on craigslist.

Jonderson said...

Since I won last time I will limit my answers to the humorous this time. Humorous being subjective, of course. OK, let's just say non-serious.

The first one looks like a blood-poisoned dog testicle. I am hoping that whatever it is a doctor is paying close attention to it.

The second one is a medallion commemorating the bicentennial anniversary of corn farming. (200 ears of freedom...yeah, I know.)

Finally, number three is a bit tricky because there are not very many of them left in the world. It is a tapered slide-on attachment (crevice tool) from a 1946 Hoover canister vacuum, Model 37D. No wonder you said to be specific!