Friday, August 1, 2008

A Big Reason to Love Vermont

Here's today's photo from Vermont!



Ah, Al's. Al's has about the best creemees on Earth. What is a creemee, you ask? I guess some people might call it "soft serve ice cream," but in Vermont, they call a creemee. I call it heaven.

I pretty much ate creemees non-stop while I was in Vermont. I didn't much veer from vanilla. Simply delicious.

Let us pray: "Dear, sweet Jesus. If you do, in fact, reside in the heavens, please make sure heaven has a creemee stand when I get there, otherwise I'm going back to thinking heaven is just a big, made-up bunch of poop."



Ladies and gentleman, so captivated was I by creemees, that I went to buy merchandise on CafePress that bore messages related to creemees, and GASP, a search under "creemees" provided NO results! There are almost no words in the English language that give no results on CafePress!

Well, I did something about that. I give you the SOLE search result for "creemees" on CafePress. Mine.

"Dear Jesus. What is the matter with me?" I await your answer.

2 comments:

Jonderson said...

What's wrong with you? You go to Vermont, home of Ben and Jerry's, and you eat soft-serve! I am not going to get on you for eating vanilla, we all pretty much expect that from you. ;) But great gosh almighty, how can you turn down ice cream so good that a pint of it gives you half your RDA calories for the day, mostly from fat?!

Many years ago they made what I consider to be the best ice cream ever made, Holy Cannoli. Yes, it was cannoli ice cream. As if making it with real cream wasn't fattening enough, they had to go and add ricotta cheese and a ton of sugar. And of course, real pistacios. It was the perfect ice cream.

Did I ever mention that I used to work in an ice cream factory? The place was called Mooney's (a family name, not the cult) who were the inventors of the (vastly over-rated, yet extremely popular) flavor Blue Moon. For some reason almost nobody west of the Mississippi has ever heard of Blue Moon.

Sally Townsend said...

Terrific images and I now know what a Creemee is, don't think I would be able to resist either.