Monday, November 24, 2008

I Admit It, My Dad's Cool

You know what makes my dad so cool? I'll begin my answer with these.



About three times a week, my dad cuts wooden toys for kids. He does it for a group called The Happy Factory.

They use scrap wood and make those charming little toy cars for poor kids. They've made an incredible 25,000 toys. Just him and a small group of older guys, and the occasional volunteer (often spouses or family members) that helps put on the wheels and treat the wood with oil.

It's a remarkable project. Simple, and ultimately resulting in smiles on the faces of kids.

And my dad's part in it all always brings a smile to his kid's face, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These cars are so cool!

Anonymous said...

Anyway I could get a patterns for these cars. Love to make some for the grandkids.