Friday, November 14, 2008

Maybe You'll Find It Funny

So, I'm at In-N-Out today. It's a restaurant. And there's this young girl behind the counter. Very friendly and chipper as many employees of In-N-Out seem to be. And, when place your order, they assign you a number and give you a receipt so you'll know when your food is ready. This girl says, "Sir, your number is 86." And in my head, I thought, "Hey, if this were a diner, you just canceled my order."

I actually started saying those words. I then realized that it was highly unlikely that this sweet, friendly young woman would have any clue what I was talking about. I don't think people "86 things" anymore. Mostly they send things back because their Wagyu beef is a tad undercooked.

It wasn't a ha-ha-funny-joke, but that's not the point. The point is that I have become my grandparents.

No comments: