Thursday, October 9, 2008

Don't Hurt Yourself, Kid



That's my nephew, Brandon. He's a pretty happy kid. But, then, who wouldn't be if you had an uncle like me.

The thing I like best about me as an uncle is that I don't do presents. If you saw how much stuff these kids have, you'd pass on that particular ritual, too.

I enjoy being an uncle. I show up, bring some dry ice, plop it into water, and I'm a hero. Another day, cupcakes. I'm the man.

One day, I invented a game. It consisted of having the kids sit on the couch and telling them, with great authority, "I'm going to turn around and count to 10. Good children will still be on the couch when I turn around." Ten seconds later, of course, nobody's on the couch, and bedlam breaks loose. Kids running wildly through my sister's house, screaming at the top of their lungs. Seems like a dopey game, huh? Well, let's just say I came up with this game about three years ago, and they never tire of it. Kids aren't all that bright, I don't think.

No comments: