Thursday, June 12, 2008

Curling Up With a Good Interwebs

I keep telling people I don't read books anymore, and they're always surprised. "You're a professional writer. Of course you read." Well, I do, yes. A lot. But I don't read books, and I can't remember the last time I read a book from cover to cover.

This article makes some interesting points. It's quite possible that how we think is changing over time, especially us folks who spend many of our waking hours online.

I am what I would call, and as the article calls it, a "power browser."

Confession: I didn't actually make it through the entire article. I had an IM, two e-mails, and 14,000 more Web pages to scan. But I think I got the gist of it.

1 comment:

Brandon Muller said...

The last book you read cover to cover was Steve Martin's book.

I agree with much of the article, but I seem to do both. I spend much time surf reading the net AND reading books. The only difference is that I spend more time now on the internet.

I read the newspaper everyday and it's a mixture. I browse headlines and only read (but fully read) the articles I'm interested in no matter how long they are.